Tuesday, May 31, 2011

2 days until Adios!

As I pray for Guatemala and God's presence there, I am thankful for the comfort/privilege of knowing that I am a dwelling place of the Holy Spirit. I am so thankful that I am able to let go of the burden of my life and service, of my inadequacies and my self-dependence, and rest on His  presence working in me through the Holy Spirit.

I was feeling a little anxious and stressed this weekend. As God always does, he spoke to me specifically about these fears.... Here are the words/thoughts that God gave to me from "Thirty-One Days of Praise":
"Thank you that I can give myself up to be led by You... that I can go forth praising and at rest, letting You manage me and my day... that I can joyfully depend on You throughout the day, expecting You to guide, to enlighten, to reprove, to teach, to use, and to do in me and with me what you desire."

How nice it is to know that God is working in His children as a fact... apart from what I can see or feel. I am thankful that by obeying God and no longer carry the burden of trying to manage myself without God's wisdom and power.... thank goodness! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment