Thursday, January 5, 2012

Going Out Again! :)

Hi friends!
I have been home for a little over 2 weeks for Christmas and to change over my luggage! 
My little brother and I on Christmas morning! 

It has been so wonderful to spend time with my precious family (whom I will miss dearly). I wish I could have seen each and every one of you  who are praying for and encouraging me! I had the best of intentions to visit everyone who has donated and who I care about here in GA; but found myself just wanting to be AT home. I have loved just simply being here.... it's impossible to explain! I've missed Georgia! But, I know that I am going exactly where God is calling me, even if that it a difficult place to be. However, there is no better feeling (even when it is mixed with missing home), than knowing that I am in the center of God's will. That is incomparable! My hearts deepest desire is to know God better and then to make him known in whatever means necessary... whether it be loving children, helping those in need, taking care of the lost and forgotten, fighting for justice for the oppressed... who knows?! God is in control, and it is ALL for his glory. We serve and we go no because we are motivated by 'law' (or religion), but because we are motivated by "love". 


"One of the most difficult questions to answer in Christian work is, “What do you expect to do?”You don’t know what you are going to do. The only thing you know is that God knows what He is doing. Continually examine your attitude toward God to see if you are willing to “go out” in every area of your life, trusting in God Have you ever “gone out” in this way? If so, there is no logical answer possible when anyone asks you what you are doing." Oswald Chamber


I appreciate your thoughts and prayers as I head to Costa Rica to go through training with YWAM (Youth With a Mission); my discipleship training school. I will keep you posted on how it is going and what I am up to! Please pray for safety, the people I will encounter and minister to, relationships I will build, financial support, community & unity with the other missionaries, and for a honeymoon with God! 


xoxo 





No comments:

Post a Comment