Saturday, March 3, 2012

MISSION: Limon!

In April, I will be going to Limon, Costa Rica to help pioneer a new YWAM base and new ministries. God made it abundantly clear that I am to be part of the small team that is going to Limon. This part of the country is so “dark” spiritually. The spiritual pressure/heaviness and oppression in this area is SO heavy! This is just one of the reasons that many missionaries don’t want to work in this area. It is also the most dangerous place in Costa Rica. It is a port town where drugs and people are trafficked in; it's an international port so people from around the world are brought here and live here. God revealed to us that this port town would be the perfect place to reach the nations. 
The town we will be in is neglected and forgotten by Costa Rica, they are the rejects that Costa Rica does not want to claim as part of their country or as part of their people. But, they are not forgotten by God. There are a lot of people there who are still in bondage to pain and hurt from the oppression that their families faced when they were brought over from Africa as slaves; they hold onto idols, pain, anger, resentment, hate, and evil spirits. These things are blocking them from the love of God. 
So, I am so excited to be asked by Rasta (the leader) and God to help pioneer this base and the ministries there... from youth outreach through daily ministry, to human trafficking work, and community development! 
One of the cool things is their is a skate park on the base where hundreds of kids already come to skate each afternoon... it will now be used as not just a skate park, but a skate ministry. We will be bringing SUPER FAMOUS professional skaters to come and teach the kids and then share God with them! I can't wait to see God create a radical change in this area through breaking these chains that have been holding these people down and overwhelm them with the love of God. Whew! I can't wait to see which ministries are birthed there! My heart is overjoyed to think of what is in store there and I am so thrilled to serve there! I know a lot of lives will be radically changed as they encounter the truth and freedom of Jesus! 
The next month in addition to training classes, “survival school”, and the regular ministries that I am involved with; I will be preparing for this outreach and new ministry in Limon. The more I think and pray about this place, the more excited the holy spirit inside of me gets. 
Just as God had a specific way to bring us all into a loving relationship with Him, He has a very specific way of reaching these people in Limon. I believe that before we know the love and power of God, we were all living in some sort of bondage... pain, loneliness, slavery to sin, bitterness, insecurity, hopelessness. etc.  Although the people of Limon have been forgotten by everyone, God did not forget. And He is sending an answer. God is faithful and merciful. 
“I looked for someone among them who would build up the wall and stand before me in the gap on behalf of the land so I would not have to destroy it, but I found no one. 31 So I will pour out my wrath on them and consume them with my fiery anger, bringing down on their own heads all they have done, declares the Sovereign LORD.” Ezekiel 22:30-31
God called out to see if there was anyone to stand in the gap and take Him there.. take His love there... we ARE the body of Christ here... and we are answering the call. 

Please be praying in advance! 
We will obviously need financial provisions as missionaries; as well as finances to support the ministry.
We also need A LOT of guidance from God because this is HIS ministry and HIS dream from HIS heart! :) 
Prayers for safety and protection! 

No comments:

Post a Comment