Monday, April 9, 2012

Off to Limon today!

Here is just a little bit of my heart quickly before I run out the door! :)
God has been doing huge things in me in the past few months. I know that Has been shaping me and preparing me for this next step in Limon. 
Last week, I went to a NIKO training camp. This camp is a wilderness leadership training camp. One of the goals is pushing yourself beyond the limits you never thought you could overcome. 
In NIKO, I learned a lot about Perseverance. God is a God of covenant, what we need to change is our hearts; satan just wants us to give up. I learned that God just wants to be involved in every aspect of my life... he is the God of all four parts of me; spiritually, emotionally, physically, and mentally. In the jungle during this trial, and ALL throughout this life, there are times when I think I can’t take one more step... either physically or emotionally, whatever it may be... but God is there waiting. He only wants my good and deeply DESIRES to be involved in everything with me. 
I also learned about giving up every right. That is something that I’ve had to do on the mission field and even more so in NIKO. That week I had to give up my right to safety, personal space and time, security, to having a full stomach, to sleep and rest, to knowing ‘what comes next’, to control, to any convenience. As I sat outside of my tent one night alone in the rain, God just revealed to me how many rights Jesus gave up when He decided to come down to this Earth to live for me. He gave up all of the rights He has in the perfect heaven as a king.... and He did it for me. When we follow Jesus, we lay down our rights.... the coolest thing is that God is SO loving that He usually gives them back to us as gifts. 
When I went into missions, so many people told me that I would be laying down my right to having a relationship and marriage. I gladly laid that down to follow the Lord and He has been confirming to me over and over again that He will honor that and give me that back as a gift. 
In this Easter weekend, God has really been speaking to my heart a lot about what His sacrifice means to me...  I asked God to take my understanding, my knowledge, and my experiences with Him deeper and further. To let my knowledge sink to my heart even more profoundly. He surely did do that. 
Tomorrow we leave for our outreach to Limon where we will be pioneering a new base. This town is the port town where human and drug trafficking are huge industries. I am so excited to see what God is going to do in and through us these next two months. Please pray for us as we answer the call to go and make disciples of all nations; and to love justice and mercy!
We are praying that through a real encounter with Christ, lives can be transformed and people can find true freedom. 
"Look at the nations and watch--and be utterly amazed. For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe, even if you were told.” Habakkuk 1:5


More to come later! xoxo
Thank you all for all you do! 

No comments:

Post a Comment