Monday, May 7, 2012

God Speaks- Children's Justice

God has been speaking a lot to me lately... What a beautiful and romantic, intimate and personal relationship he desires with us all...

This week was a long week... we worked on the bible project, putting one bible in every home in Costa Rica. We delivered 2,000 last week. It was a lot of hard work, hiking through the jungle to deliver bibles to very isolated houses, but it was more than worth it. We encountered a snake that was over 6 feet tall, but we also encountered families who have been praying for bibles for years. We met a man who has been praying for God to confirm that God "really wants him", and he said that he knew that we were that confirmation. We helped to free people from oppression and powers of darkness, and to bring light into dark places. But the coolest of all things was to have the honor and privilege to watch God work. God is such a personal God who desires a personal relationship with each one of these people. The word of God is so powerful, with words God called things that had never existed into being.... God's words are strong and have the power to transform.



Today was our 'break day', our day of rest... we haven't had one in a month so it was much needed. As I ran along the beach, I suddenly got the urge to run on the bank or shelf of sand that the tide had created, trying to 'beat' the sand that was quickly falling under my feet. I jumped into the ocean and was enjoying flipping on the waves when God spoke to me. I realized that I don't remember going to the beach as a very small child, I know we did do that, but those memories were replaced with something else. The first real memory I have of the beach is when I went at maybe 10 years old as a nanny.... and then each year after that. I always went as an "adult" in a child's body. I was stressed and worried a lot
   As I sat in the ocean today, I knew that that was God's desire and plan for children. God created children to be children..... to run and to play, to literally be able to enjoy the world without a single care or stress. To think and act like children. But, the world has robbed that from so many children. There are children today, as young as 4 years old, who are sitting inside of a building as sex slaves... who have never known the joys and innocence of childhood. There are children who have never spent one day without stress, fear... little children in alarming amounts that are victims of human trafficking....There are children who have never been children... and they ma never be, unless we step in. I know that is where God is calling me right now.
   I obviously grew up in a much different kind of stress than these children. MUCH different. But there is one thing that I do think is universal.... God is the only one who can heal those wounds and give people freedom. God did that for me. And I believe that he wants to do that for everyone.


     I know that this affects God's heart to see children living in this injustice....

"The LORD looked and was displeased that there was no justice. He saw that there was no one, he was appalled that there was no one to intervene." -Isaiah 59:15&16

"Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen; to loose the chains of injustice and untie the cords of the yoke, to set the oppressed free and break every yoke?" Isaiah 58:6-8


No comments:

Post a Comment